[ovs-dev] [ovn] did we ever get OVN set up as an official LF project?

Ben Pfaff blp at ovn.org
Wed Jun 23 19:53:21 UTC 2021

On Wed, Jun 23, 2021 at 03:21:37PM -0400, Numan Siddique wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 23, 2021 at 1:58 PM Ben Pfaff <blp at ovn.org> wrote:
> >
> > I don't see the charter, etc. in the OVN tree.  I know we started the
> > process but I don't know whether we finished it.
>
> I'm not sure about the official status but I presumed that OVN is part of LF.
>
> Trishan de Lanerolle (CC'ed) has reached out to me and other OVS folks earlier
> to get updates about OVS and OVN.
>
> Maybe he can answer your question.

OVS was an LF project and still is.  OVN was started as a part of it.
Later, we split it off and I believe that we initiated the process to
make it a separate LF project.  I don't know whether we finished that.
If we did, we should add the charter to the OVN repo and the "Linux
Foundation Collaborative Project" banner to the OVN website.  If not, we
should finish it.