[ovs-dev] [v13 05/12] dpif-netdev: Add command to switch dpif implementation.

Ferriter, Cian cian.ferriter at intel.com
Fri Jun 25 08:55:16 UTC 2021

Hi Flavio,

Just one correction I noticed while implementing your feedback. I've replied inline.

Thanks,
Cian

<snip most of the diff>

> > > +
> > > +    if (!avx512f_available || !bmi2_available) {
> > > +        return -ENOTSUP;
> >
> > Also the callers of the probe function only cares about true or
> > false, so there is no need to return errno here, then the new
> > include can also be removed.
> >

> I'll simplify the return and remove the errno include.

This return -ENOTSUP is used in dpif_netdev_impl_set() to select the correct error message to show the user on error.

    static const char *error_description[2] = {
        "Unknown DPIF implementation",
        "CPU doesn't support the required instruction for",
    };

I'm going to leave in. I hope that makes sense.

> > > +    }
> > > +
> > > +    return 0;
> > > +}
> > > +
> > >  int32_t
> > >  dp_netdev_input_outer_avx512(struct dp_netdev_pmd_thread *pmd,
> > >                               struct dp_packet_batch *packets,

<snip the rest of the diff>