[ovs-dev] [v13 06/12] dpif-netdev: Add command to get dpif implementations.

Eelco Chaudron echaudro at redhat.com
Tue Jun 29 08:25:25 UTC 2021

On 17 Jun 2021, at 18:18, Cian Ferriter wrote:

> From: Harry van Haaren <harry.van.haaren at intel.com>
>
> This commit adds a new command to retrieve the list of available
> DPIF implementations. This can be used by to check what implementations
> of the DPIF are available in any given OVS binary.
>
> Usage:
>  $ ovs-appctl dpif-netdev/dpif-get

This command only shows the actual available options, not the currently selected ones.

I think from a support perspective, we need this command to also show the current setting for each datapath. Having this only in the log will not work in cases where the log is overwritten.

//Eelco

Guess this also is true for the MFEX patchset (will reply during my review) and the already included “ovs-appctl dpif-netdev/subtable-lookup-prio-get”

<SNIP>