[ovs-dev] [v4 07/12] test/sytem-dpdk: Add unit test for mfex autovalidator

Flavio Leitner fbl at sysclose.org
Tue Jun 29 18:19:19 UTC 2021

On Tue, Jun 29, 2021 at 05:11:00PM +0000, Amber, Kumar wrote:
> Hi Eelco, Flavio,
>
> Pls find my replies Inline

Sounds like a plan to me.
Is that okay with you Eelco?

> > > I’m wondering if there is another way than a simple delay, as these tend to
> > cause issues later on. Can we check packets processed or something?
> >
> > Yeah, maybe we can pass all packets like 5x at least.
>
> Sure I will try to find something to do it more nicely.
> But just a thought keeping it 20sec allows for a full-stabilization and also thorough testing of stability as well.
> So keeping it may not be just a bad idea.

The issue is that if every test decides to delay seconds, the testsuite
becomes impractical. We have removed 'sleep' over time. Instead, we
have functions to wait for a certain cmdline output, or some event.
Yes, there are still some left to be fixed.

Back to the point, maybe there is a signal of some sort we can get
that indicates the stability you're looking for.

--
fbl