[ovs-dev] [PATCH ovn 2/2] northd: Don't add ARP responder flows for unreachable VIPs.
dceara at redhat.com
Tue Nov 9 12:41:55 UTC 2021
On 11/8/21 6:10 PM, numans at ovn.org wrote:
> From: Numan Siddique <numans at ovn.org>
> If a logical router is associated with load balancer VIPs which
> are unreachable from it, we don't need to add ARP responder flows
> in the L2_LKUP stage of ingress pipeline of the logical switches
> connected to the router. This patch removes these flows.
> Signed-off-by: Numan Siddique <numans at ovn.org>
Some test numbers with a topology simulating 120 ovn-k8s nodes (120
gateway routers connected to a single join switch) with 10K load
balancers applied to all gateway router:
A. Before this patch:
- northd loop processing time: 2638ms
- SB DB size (on disk, after compaction): 94M
- number of logical flows: 55942
B. After this patch:
- northd loop processing time: 2526ms
- SB DB size (on disk, after compaction): 91M
- number of logical flows: 45942
Looks good to me, thanks!
Acked-by: Dumitru Ceara <dceara at redhat.com>
More information about the dev