[ovs-dev] Is it necessary for ovs that version of ovs command line tools must be same as the one of ovs-vswitchd?

Yi Yang (杨燚)-云服务集团 yangyi01 at inspur.com
Fri Nov 26 09:52:14 UTC 2021

Hi, folks

Recently we found some weird issues, ovs-vswitchd  will crash occasionally when ovs-ofctl add-br with protocol option if version of ovs command line tools in neutron agent (which is packaged as k8s pod) is different from the one on the host, or openflows in br-int can’t work as expected although flows are ok.

We often have such cases, i.e. ovs version on the host is different from the one of neutron agent, but they did work as expected.

Per my understanding, they should have same version, otherwise highe version is talking with low version, or low version is talking with high version. Anybody can give us advice how we can fix such issues, is there a list which shows which versions can work with which versions together, thank you for helping in advance.