[ovs-dev] [ovn] bug: vtep port binding update doesn't trigger flows update

Odintsov Vladislav VlOdintsov at croc.ru
Fri Sep 3 23:26:32 UTC 2021

Hi,

On master branch I found a regression that OF flows not get installed when a new port_binding type=vtep appeared in sbdb.
I found there is a comment that ovn-controller doesn’t know, what changed:
https://github.com/ovn-org/ovn/blob/922c45f/controller/binding.c#L2431-L2436

Actually, this flow doesn't get installed:
https://github.com/ovn-org/ovn/blob/922c45f74a006d8c0dde400b130915b08b90a1e3/controller/physical.c#L1687-L1689

With new L-P processing codebase I couldn’t quickly understand, where the problem can be.
So, ovn-appctl -t ovn-controller recompute solves tha problem and flow gets installed. Looks like this problem is really in inc. processing.
Please, help. Thanks.

Regards,
Vladislav Odintsov