[ovs-dev] [ovn] bug: vtep port binding update doesn't trigger flows update

Numan Siddique numans at ovn.org
Sat Sep 4 16:25:50 UTC 2021

On Fri, Sep 3, 2021 at 7:26 PM Odintsov Vladislav <VlOdintsov at croc.ru> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On master branch I found a regression that OF flows not get installed when a new port_binding type=vtep appeared in sbdb.
> I found there is a comment that ovn-controller doesn’t know, what changed:
> https://github.com/ovn-org/ovn/blob/922c45f/controller/binding.c#L2431-L2436
>
> Actually, this flow doesn't get installed:
> https://github.com/ovn-org/ovn/blob/922c45f74a006d8c0dde400b130915b08b90a1e3/controller/physical.c#L1687-L1689

In this switch statement, can you please try setting  - handled =
false;  so that a full recompute is triggered and see if this solves
the problem ?

I'm not sure what is going on.  Either we can fall back to full
recompute for any port binding changes to vtep ports or handle the I-P
properly
for vtep port bindings.

Thanks
Numan