[ovs-dev] [ovn] bug: vtep port binding update doesn't trigger flows update

Numan Siddique numans at ovn.org
Tue Sep 7 17:18:45 UTC 2021

On Mon, Sep 6, 2021 at 4:08 AM Odintsov Vladislav <VlOdintsov at croc.ru> wrote:

> Hi Numan,
>
> I’ve tried your advice and this helped — new flow was installed right after vtep port_binding appeared.
> At first glance full recompute in case of appearing a new vtep port_binding can be an "okay" solution, 'cause vtep PBs don’t create/delete very often.
> Anyway, what information do you need to handle L-P properly for there ports? I can test a possible solution.

Hi Vladislav,

Can you please test this patch out
https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/ovn/patch/20210907171507.1617879-1-numans@ovn.org/
and see if it fixes the issue.  We can't completely handle the I-P for
the vtep lport changes unless we move the
code you pointed out from physical_run() to a separate function.

The earlier change which you tested out triggers a full recompute of
all the engine nodes.
Whereas the proposed patch now triggers a recompute of only the
pflow_output engine for any changes
to vtep lports.  I think this should be good enough to fix this issue.

Thanks
Numan