[ovs-discuss] WARN_ON_ONCE in dp_output_control

Ian Campbell Ian.Campbell at citrix.com
Fri Aug 28 14:52:57 UTC 2009

Hi,

I've just updated our internal tree to use current head vswitch
(0babc06fb3cd2a6c80d730e3a8dda64cf6298500 "vswitchd: Fix bug in Ethernet
address selection for bridge.") and I am seeing the WARN_ON_ONCE at
datapath.c:659 triggering. (I might have been seeing it before and not
noticed so the fact I've just updated might be irrelevant). The kernel
is 2.6.27 based.

Is the warning actually necessary or is this a normal (and correctly
handled) occurrence?

I'm not using a controller so is it normal to be going down this path?
The comment just before suggests not (unless controller here refers to
the local userspace daemon and not a remote controller).

Thanks,
Ian.