[ovs-discuss] Makefile.main:14: *** unterminated call to function `foreach': missing `)'. Stop.

Nick Couchman Nick.Couchman at seakr.com
Mon Aug 31 20:35:00 UTC 2009

By the way, the compile seems to work okay past this point if I don't
specify the --with-l26 switch - I'm just not sure if the vswitch will
operate correctly without this??  Also, if I don't specify the
--with-l26 switch it compiles okay up until the following error:

utilities/ovs-wdt.c: In function *main*:
utilities/ovs-wdt.c:231: error: *WDIOC_GETTIMELEFT* undeclared (first
use in this function)
utilities/ovs-wdt.c:231: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported
only once
utilities/ovs-wdt.c:231: error: for each function it appears in.)

This is SLES 10 SP2 with kernel 2.6.16.  Make is version 3.80.

Thanks!

-Nick

"Nick Couchman" <Nick.Couchman at seakr.com> writes:

> I've double-checked the Makefile.main file, and the lines seem to be
okay:

> $(foreach s,$(sort $(foreach m,$(build_modules),$($(m)_sources))), \
>
>   $(eval $(notdir $(s)): ; ln -s $(srcdir)/../$(s) $@))
>

> Any hints on why this is happening?

If I recall correctly, some versions of GNU make have bugs in
this area.  Would you mind deleting the \ and the new-line
following it, so that this becomes a single long line:

$(foreach s,$(sort $(foreach m,$(build_modules),$($(m)_sources))),
$(eval $(notdir $(s)): ; ln -s $(srcdir)/../$(s) $@))

If that fixes the problem, I'll check in a fix that doesn't split
that line.

Here's where I've encountered this bug before, for what it's worth:
http://repo.or.cz/w/pintos.git?a=blob;f=src/tests/filesys/extended/Make.tests;hb=572262ad11afd0ce954fb86e555e8ab50ce53761

--------
This e-mail may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient.  If this email is not intended for you, or you are not responsible for the delivery of this message to the intended recipient, please note that this message may contain SEAKR Engineering (SEAKR) Privileged/Proprietary Information.  In such a case, you are strictly prohibited from downloading, photocopying, distributing or otherwise using this message, its contents or attachments in any way.  If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to this e-mail and delete the message from your mailbox.  Information contained in this message that does not relate to the business of SEAKR is neither endorsed by nor attributable to SEAKR.