[ovs-discuss] Makefile.main:14: *** unterminated call to function `foreach': missing `)'. Stop.

Nick Couchman Nick.Couchman at seakr.com
Mon Aug 31 20:51:07 UTC 2009

Here are the first few lines of Makefile.main:

# -*- makefile -*-
export builddir = /root/openvswitch/datapath/linux-2.6
export srcdir = /root/openvswitch/datapath/linux-2.6
export top_srcdir = /root/openvswitch
export KSRC = /usr/src/linux
export VERSION = 0.90.3
export BUILD_VETH =

include $(srcdir)/../Modules.mk
include $(srcdir)/Modules.mk

default: $(build_links)

$(foreach s,$(sort $(foreach m,$(build_modules),$($(m)_sources))), \
  $(eval $(notdir $(s)): ; ln -s $(srcdir)/../$(s) $@))

distclean: clean
        rm -f kcompat.h
distdir: clean
install:
all: default
check: all
clean:
        rm -f *.o *.ko *_mod.* Module.symvers *.cmd kcompat.h.new
        for d in $(build_links); do if test -h $$d; then rm $$d; fi; done

-Nick

>>> On 2009/08/31 at 14:31, Ben Pfaff <blp at nicira.com> wrote:

OK.  Then can you post the actual contents of Makefile.main?  In
particular there will be a bunch of variables at the top (export
<varname> = <value>) whose values I am interested in.

--------