[ovs-discuss] DNS?

Ben Pfaff blp at nicira.com
Wed Jul 29 20:03:38 UTC 2009

David Erickson <derickso at stanford.edu> writes:

> Does ovs have any bearing on the dns servers set for dom0 in Xen? For
> some reason I cannot get them to persist through a reboot by setting
> in console or /etc/resolv.conf. The only reason I ask is I grepped
> /etc and the nameserver ips showed up in ovs-vswitch.dbcache (could be
> entirely coincidental).

OVS does change the DNS settings (via
/opt/xensource/libexec/interface-reconfigure) but its behavior
there doesn't differ from stock Citrix XenServer (or ought not
to; let me know if we goof somehow).

The DNS servers used are taken from the xapi management PIF
settings.  You can see this with e.g. "xe pif-list
management=true params=all" and update them with "xe
pif-reconfigure-ip".