[ovs-discuss] DNS?

David Erickson derickso at stanford.edu
Wed Jul 29 20:56:24 UTC 2009

Ben Pfaff wrote:
> David Erickson <derickso at stanford.edu> writes:
>
>> Does ovs have any bearing on the dns servers set for dom0 in Xen? For
>> some reason I cannot get them to persist through a reboot by setting
>> in console or /etc/resolv.conf. The only reason I ask is I grepped
>> /etc and the nameserver ips showed up in ovs-vswitch.dbcache (could be
>> entirely coincidental).
>
> OVS does change the DNS settings (via
> /opt/xensource/libexec/interface-reconfigure) but its behavior
> there doesn't differ from stock Citrix XenServer (or ought not
> to; let me know if we goof somehow).
>
> The DNS servers used are taken from the xapi management PIF
> settings.  You can see this with e.g. "xe pif-list
> management=true params=all" and update them with "xe
> pif-reconfigure-ip".

Setting it at the command line using xe did work. I verified on two of
my machines that setting it through the actual physical console
configuration app on the machine does not persist through reboot with
vswitch running, I don't have a machine handy without it to compare if
this is intended behavior or not.

-D