[ovs-discuss] Flow Expiration returning zeros for byte/packet counts

Jesse Gross jesse at nicira.com
Wed Nov 11 02:58:41 UTC 2009

David Erickson wrote:
> However when the flow expires, the byte/packet counter are zero.

I sent off a patch for review that fixes a problem with the counters in
flow expiration messages, which is hopefully the same problem as the one
you are having.  Does this match your scenario:

* The flows you are inserting are exact match flows.
* There is a timeout that causes the flow to expire within 5 seconds of
traffic flowing either due to a hard timeout or an idle timeout that is
less than 5 seconds.

If both of those are true then I believe that the issue should be
resolved by the patch.

Jesse