[ovs-discuss] ovs-vswitchd usage

Steven Y. Ko steveko at CS.Princeton.EDU
Sun Nov 15 21:02:42 UTC 2009

Thanks, Justin.

It works without any controller and also works with ovs-controller. I
guess it's a NOX issue. Do I have to do anything special with NOX? I'm
just using the same NOX that works with openflow reference
implementation 0.8.9. I tried compiling NOX again by giving
openvswitch to --with-openflow option, but didn't work because some
header files mismatch.

One more thing - I noticed that I have to bring up interfaces for the
switch manually, e.g., "ifconfig eth1 up". I wanted to verify if this
is the case, since I don't do it when I run openflow reference
implementation.

- Steve