[ovs-discuss] autoconf version issue

Lee, Jeongkeun jklee at hp.com
Thu Nov 19 00:27:22 UTC 2009

Hi Ben,

Thanks for the patch around the new Debian kernel header layout.

I have another issue with Debian Lenny.
The boot.sh of the snapshot requires autoconf >=2.63 but the official Debian package repository doesn't have the recent versions of autoconf.

I managed to install the 'testing' (instead of stable) distribution of autoconf 2.64 package and now it complains as follows:

$ ./boot.sh
Can't exec "aclocal": No such file or directory at usr/share/autoconf/Autom4te/FileUtils.pm line 328.
autoreconf: failed to run aclocal: No such file or directory

Although I can try a few more things to make it work, it'd be great if we have the boot.sh workable with the stable Debian autoconf, which is version 2.61.
Can you please provide a workaround for this?

Thank you.
-- JK