[ovs-discuss] Re : A few question and experience about Open vSwitch

Ben Pfaff blp at nicira.com
Tue Oct 6 16:17:45 UTC 2009

DarkBls <darkbls at yahoo.com> writes:

> [root] # cat ovs-vswitchd.conf
> bridge.mybr.port=bond0
> bridge.mybr.port=tap0
>
> #Config VLAN
> #vlan.eth1.trunks=210
> #vlan.tap-alcide.trunks=210
> #vlan.eth1.trunks=0
> #vlan.tap-alcide.trunks=0
>
> #Config en non tague
> vlan.bond0.tag=210
> vlan.tap0.tag=210
> #vlan.eth1.tag=0
> #vlan.tap-alcide.tag=0

This is an unusual configuration.  First, the bridge has only two
ports.  In itself, that's not odd, but both of them have the same
tagged vlan.  That will have no useful effect in practice,
because there are no trunk ports.

Also, it looks like you have configured a bond using the Linux
kernel bonding implementation.  That might work, but we have not
tested it.  Usually, I would expect that you would use the Open
vSwitch implementation of bonding, which can be configured by
adding settings to the configuration file.  The
ovs-vswitchd.conf(5) manpage explains how.