[ovs-discuss] BUG: Open vSwitch 0.90.4 can't be used with VLANs

Ben Pfaff blp at nicira.com
Thu Sep 10 22:29:14 UTC 2009

Jean Tourrilhes <jt at hpl.hp.com> writes:

> 	To reproduce :
> # rmmod openflow_mod
> # insmod datapath/linux-2.6/openvswitch_mod.ko
> insmod: error inserting 'datapath/linux-2.6/openvswitch_mod.ko': -1 Address already in use
> # rmmod 8021q garp stp
> # insmod datapath/linux-2.6/openvswitch_mod.ko
> #

You can remove the calls to llc_sap_open() and llc_sap_put() from
dp_init() and dp_cleanup() in datapath/datapath.c.  They are
there for mutual exclusion only, but that stopped working
sometime in 2.6.2x.  We will fix this eventually; so far this is
the first report we've received of it causing trouble "in the
wild", so maybe it's time to raise the priority.