[ovs-discuss] Open vSwitch 0.90.5 Released

Justin Pettit jpettit at nicira.com
Tue Sep 22 17:36:46 UTC 2009

The Open vSwitch team is pleased to announce the availability of Open
vSwitch 0.90.5.  This is part of our "stable" branch, which only
contains bug fixes.

	http://openvswitch.org/releases/openvswitch-0.90.5.tar.gz

During the testing of 0.90.5, one of our development partners began
running Open vSwitch through their QA process in earnest.  It turned
up a number of bugs that we addressed in our git repository, but did
not make it through our full QA regression.  We are in the process of
tracking down a couple of other issues related to storage array
connectivity.  As such, expect a 0.90.6 release in the next few weeks.

Most of the interesting work is taking place in and around the master
branch.  The features that we hope to have completed within the next
month or two include:

	- Local ACL configuration
	- Replace config file with config database
	- Compatibility with VDE
	- QoS Traffic Shaping
	- BSD support
	- GRE for Tunneling and ERSPAN

If you have any questions about the project, please don't hesitate to
contact us.

Thanks!

--Justin