[ovs-discuss] help

Justin Pettit jpettit at nicira.com
Tue Apr 13 17:16:25 UTC 2010

On Apr 13, 2010, at 10:07 AM, Ben Pfaff wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 04:24:36PM +0200, Ghanem Bahri wrote:
>> i try to add a flow with* **ovs-ofctl addflow br0
>> action=flood*<discuss-request at openvswitch.org>
>> but i have an error message unknown key word action.
>
> I don't understand the asterisks and the randomly inserted email
> address in the above.
>
> Could you cut and paste the relevant part of your shell session,
> including the command and the response?

I think the problem is that we're requiring some sort flow argument:

    [root at stumpjump ~]# ovs-ofctl add-flow xenbr0 action=flood
    ovs-ofctl: unknown keyword action

Ghanem, can you try setting the "priority" argument, since it shouldn't impact the relatively simple rule you're using.  For example, it would looks something like this:

    ovs-ofctl add-flow br0 priority=32768,action=flood

In the meantime, we will look into addressing it in a more elegant way (or have my head examined if I've forgotten how to do it).

--Justin