[ovs-discuss] Can several Open_vSwtches be managed by a central controller?

Justin Pettit jpettit at nicira.com
Thu Apr 22 21:31:57 UTC 2010

Yes, they can be centrally managed through OpenFlow (http://openflowswitch.org).  In order to do this coordination, you need a central controller such as NOX (http://noxrepo.org).  However, NOX is intended to be a platform on which to develop distributed data-plane applications, and as such, the apps it ships with are fairly limited.

--Justin