[ovs-discuss] OpenVSwitch under Debian Lenny dom0 with open source Xen

Jesse Gross jesse at nicira.com
Tue Aug 3 02:44:33 UTC 2010

2010/8/2 Martinx - ジェームズ <thiagocmartinsc at gmail.com>

> Hi!
>
>   I just installed successfully the OpenVSwitch on my Debian dom0 with Xen
> packages for Debian and also packages for Debian of the OpenVSwtich,
> compiled by me.
>
>  But now, when restarting my dom0, the bridges are gone! And the virtual
> machines do not go up, because the bridge was replaced by OpenVSwtich.
>
>  Question:
>
>  How to reconfigure my virtual machines so they use the OpenVSwitch?

The current Xen scripts are making calls to Linux bridge commands when a VM
is brought up or down.  These calls need to be converted into Open vSwitch
commands.  The preferred way to do this is to actually modify the scripts to
call the equivalent commands, as this generally offers better integration
and a more robust solution.  The other method is to use the Open vSwitch
bridge compatibility layer which will intercept the bridge commands and
convert them into Open vSwitch ones.