[ovs-discuss] Cannot build Open vSwitch on XenServer 5.6

Ian Campbell Ian.Campbell at citrix.com
Fri Aug 20 06:38:40 UTC 2010

> On Aug 19, 2010, at 11:13 PM, Michael Chung wrote:
>
> > Dear All,
> >
> > I downloaded the Open vSwitch and uploaded to the xenserver 5.6 ddk (XenServer SDK 5.6.0-31188p).

It appears that you have actually downloaded the SDK and not the DDK.

The SDK is a VM which runs a simulated XenServer XenAPI server for the
purposes of developing XenAPI client software.

The DDK is a VM which contains the necessary environment for building
device drivers etc.

You need the latter to build kernel modules.

Ian.