[ovs-discuss] Working with Citrix Xen Server 5.6.0

楊皓中(Mulder Yang) muldery at hitrontech.com
Mon Aug 30 07:44:40 UTC 2010

Dear all:

I have installed ovs 1.0.1 on Xenserver 5.6.0. I am really confuse about some questions.

Q1. After I input” ovs-vsctl add-br br0 “ this command, should I see any changes in the Network tab of Xen Center ? Do I need to do anything else?

Q2. Why the vif will disappear after I shut the VM down? And After I power-on the vm , the name of vif will change. Ex vif1.0->vif2.0 and so on.

Q3. If the vif will disappear and change name , how can I add the vif to the bridge that ovs-vsctl created?

Hope someone can help me. Really thanks a lots.

>From Mulder.

 *** Hitron Technologies Inc
 *** Hitron Technologies Inc. Email ConfidentialityNotice ***

Thiselectronic message and any attachments are confidential and may be legallyprivileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the intendedrecipient, please do not disclose the contents to anyone, and immediately:notify the sender by e-mail; delete the message and any attachments from yourcomputer system; and destroy all hard copies. Thank you for your cooperation.Copyright Hitron Technologies Inc. 2010 - All Rights Reserved.