[ovs-discuss] Regarding OpenvSwitch in Xenserver5.6

Ramana Reddy gtvrreddy at gmail.com
Fri Dec 3 17:13:32 UTC 2010

Hi Ben Pfaff,
Thanks for reply. I have one more doubt regarding Openvswitch modules
namely br_compat.ko and openvswitch_mod.ko

The linux bridge code in Xenserver creates bridges for each PIF,
and openvswicth_mod.ko also creates the same thing apart from more
functionality and robustness.
Then what is the need of br_compat.ko module. When it is needed
as it depends again openvswitch_mod.ko module.

How these two are interrelated each other?

Thanks,
Ramana Reddy.

*

*