[ovs-discuss] OpenVSwitch Port mirroring

Justin Pettit jpettit at nicira.com
Mon Dec 6 05:59:56 UTC 2010

On Dec 5, 2010, at 9:51 PM, Ben Pfaff wrote:

> On Sun, Dec 5, 2010 at 9:43 PM, CS Lee <geek00l at gmail.com> wrote:
>> However I get this message -
>>
>> sudo ovs-vsctl -- set Bridge br0 mirrors=@m -- --id=@vi1.1 get Port vi1.1 --
>> --id=@vi1.4 get Port vi1.4 -- --id=@m create Mirror name=testspan
>> select-dst-port=@vi1.1 select-src-port=vi1.1 output-port=@vi1.4
>>
>> ovs-vsctl: 'get' command has no '--id' option
>
> The --id option on 'get' was introduced recently, so it sounds like
> the manual that you are reading is for a newer version of Open vSwitch
> than you have installed.  If you can, install a newer version.

The newer version will have to be from the master branch, since the current release (1.1.0pre2) preceded that functionality by a couple of weeks.  CS, the code in the master branch is going under some major work right now, so if you need this for production, I wouldn't recommend using it until we've done a QA run on it in a few weeks.  The man page included in your distribution should be correct, so you may want to look at the ovs-vsctl man page to figure out how to configure mirroring without the "--id" flag.

--Justin