[ovs-discuss] Traffic among the VMS on the same host

Ramana Reddy gtvrreddy at gmail.com
Thu Dec 16 17:59:45 UTC 2010

Hi Ben Pfaff,
Thanks for your quick reply. Yaa its work if I set a GRE tunnel "tunnel1"
from
VM1 to OpenVswitch( External) /Linux Machine and "tunnel2" from VM2 to
OpenVswitch(External)/Linux Machine.
In this setup, the OpenVswitch (External) creating two data paths dp0 and
dp1 as each tunnel requires one bridge.
And we have to forward the packets from dp0 to dp1. (how?)

Can we do this with a single datapath dp0?. ( single data path + two tunnels
)

Thanks,
Ramana.

P.S : I have taken the Linux machine as another linux machine with
OpenVswitch.