[ovs-discuss] Open vSwitch RPMs for RHEL

Alexey I. Froloff raorn at altlinux.org
Tue Dec 28 09:56:50 UTC 2010

Hi.

This is something, that I would like to share with community.
Attached file is a nosource rpm for RHEL (tested on RHEL 5.5 and
RHEL 6).  Inside you will find SysV initscript, logrotate config,
modules autoload script, configuration file and ifup/ifdown
scripts for network-scripts subsystem.

This package is heavily based on official XenServer package,
configuration options lives in /etc/sysconfig/openvswitch,
daemons are started by openvswitch service.

My network-scripts addition is a bit hacky, we just needed to
create simple interfaces on system startup.

ifcfg-public:

DEVICE=public
ONBOOT=yes
BOOTPROTO=static
IPADDR=172.25.6.3
NETMASK=255.255.255.0
DEVICETYPE=ovs
OVS_PARENT=cluster
OVS_OPTIONS="tag=31"
OVS_EXTRA="set Interface $DEVICE type=internal"

OVS_PARENT is the name of openvswitch bridge (we are using
brcompatd).  OVS_OPTIONS contains additional options for add-port
command, OVS_EXTRA contains additional command(s) for ovs-vsctl.
Final command for this example looks like:

ovs-vsctl -- --may-exist add-port cluster public tag=31 -- set Interface public type=internal

Have a nice day and don't forget to remove the "NoSource" line
from openvswitch.spec.

--
Regards,    --
Sir Raorn.   --- http://thousandsofhate.blogspot.com/