[ovs-discuss] apply ACL to control network traffic

Jesse Gross jesse at nicira.com
Tue Feb 2 19:12:23 UTC 2010

ACLs can be created by adding flow entries to the switch.  By default the
flow table of Open vSwitch contains one entry, which is to perform the
normal switch processing on all traffic (allow all).  To restrict traffic
you can create additional flow entries using the ovs-ofctl program.  A
simple example would be:

utilities/ovs-ofctl add-flow br0 idle_timeout=0,icmp,action=

This will drop all ICMP traffic flowing across switch br0.  The ovs-ofctl
man page describes the syntax of this command (and more).

Jesse