[ovs-discuss] Problem with a desired flow getting deleted

Todd Deshane deshantm at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 21:55:24 UTC 2010

On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 3:28 PM, Jesse Gross <jesse at nicira.com> wrote:
> Again, ovs-dpctl dump-flows is your friend.  It will show you the currently
> active flows as well as the actions.  You must run it while there is traffic
> on the network due to the 5 second timeout.

Your previous response of internalbr and externalbr being
pseudo-devices helped me figure out the problem I was having. My
solution, in case others happen to run across a similar problem in the
future, was to treat externalbr as the main connection to the Internet
(bring it up with dhclient) and leave eth0 up, but unconfigured (eth0
shouldn't get an IP address).

My init of ovs looks like:

rmmod bridge
insmod /path/to/datapath/linux-2.6/openvswitch_mod.ko
ifconfig eth0 up
ovs-vswitchd --pidfile --log-file --detach -v
/path/to/ovs-vswitchd.conf  > /dev/null 2>&1
ifconfig -a | grep externalbr >/dev/null
while [ $? -ne 0 ]; do
  sleep 1
  ifconfig -a | grep externalbr >/dev/null
done
dhclient externalbr > /dev/null 2>&1

Is there or will there be ovs and vswtichd init scripts?

Thanks!
Todd

--
Todd Deshane