[ovs-discuss] Open vSwitch 0.99.0 Available

Justin Pettit jpettit at nicira.com
Fri Jan 15 07:38:13 UTC 2010

The Open vSwitch team is pleased to announce the availability of Open vSwitch 0.99.0:

	http://openvswitch.org/releases/openvswitch-0.99.0.tar.gz

This is the first release from our "unstable" branch.  The goal of "unstable" is to make new features available in a full release without having to go through a full QA regression (which can take weeks).   We'll update "unstable" fairly frequently as new features become available and undergo some basic testing.  However, "stable" should be used for production systems.

The major feature of this release is a user-space forwarding engine, which allows Open vSwitch to be run without having to install a kernel module.  Other changes in the pipeline are sFlow(R), GRE tunnels, and support for a configuration database with remote management features.

The next "stable" snapshot which will contain these features should be available in 6 to 8 weeks.

--The Open vSwitch Team