[ovs-discuss] OpenFlow 1.0 Support Added

Justin Pettit jpettit at nicira.com
Sun Jan 24 21:34:20 UTC 2010

The Open vSwitch team is pleased to announce the addition of wire compatibility for OpenFlow 1.0.  OpenFlow is a protocol that allows for the remote configuration of a switch's datapath.  You can read more about it here:

	http://openflowswitch.org/

This support has not yet been merged into the master branch, since our internal controller-side applications aren't yet compatible.  The code is in the "openflow-1.0" branch and is based off of our master branch.  Until the big merge, we will keep it current with any changes made to master.  You can create your own snapshot by hitting this link:

	http://openvswitch.org/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=openvswitch;h=refs/heads/openflow-1.0;a=snapshot;sf=tgz

Currently, this release is fully wire-compatibile with OpenFlow 1.0.  The only feature that is missing for complete compatibility is slicing, which is a subset of QoS that allows traffic to be placed into specific queues on ports.  Support for that will be added within the next month or two.

--The Open vSwitch Team