[ovs-discuss] sFlow Support Added and Release 0.99.1

Justin Pettit jpettit at nicira.com
Tue Jan 26 07:51:10 UTC 2010

The Open vSwitch team is pleased to announce the addition of sFlow(R).  sFlow is an industry standard for monitoring high-speed switched networks.  It uses sampling to collect statistics from a device in a network.  More information on sFlow is available here:

	http://sflow.org/

The Open vSwitch implementation of sFlow was generously provided by InMon, who are the designers of sFlow and have a number of sFlow monitors available at their site:

	http://www.inmon.com

We have made available the 0.99.1 release, which contains support for sFlow:

	http://openvswitch.org/releases/openvswitch-0.99.1.tar.gz

This release is from the "unstable" branch, so it should not be used on production systems.  We expect the next stable release to be available within the next six to eight weeks.

--The Open vSwitch Team