[ovs-discuss] Linux kernel panics when attaching eth cable

Jesse Gross jesse at nicira.com
Fri Jan 29 16:02:12 UTC 2010

The issue is that your network card uses a type of checksum offloading that
is not supported by earlier versions of OVS.  I recently added support to
the 'next' branch in our git repository, which hasn't been released yet but
you can try if you are feeling adventurous.

Alternately, I attached a version of the patch that should apply to 0.99.1.
 Let me know how it goes.

Jesse