[ovs-discuss] kernel build dir != kernel src dir

Ben Pfaff blp at nicira.com
Fri Jul 2 16:52:20 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jul 01, 2010 at 07:25:07PM -0700, Jad Naous wrote:
> I'm trying to build openvswitch on opensuse, but I'm having issues
> running configure with kernel src dir not found. The thing is that
> opensuse has a separate linux/ source dir and a linux-obj/ dir, and I
> can't pass both to the --with-l26 command.

Ian provided a helpful workaround for this, which I'll look over and
probably commit, but for other distributions that do this I've
implemented automatic workarounds.  I can do that for OpenSUSE, too, if
you'll tell me absolute paths for the build and source dirs that it
uses, so I can figure out how to munge the names.

Thanks,

Ben.