[ovs-discuss] OpenVPN / OpenVSwtich compatibility

Jesse Gross jesse at nicira.com
Wed Jul 7 20:24:43 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jul 7, 2010 at 1:38 AM, DarkBls <darkbls at yahoo.com> wrote:

> No ARP answer in either case. Did I do something worng or there is no way
> to bridge a VM tap with an OpenVPN tap ?

 I've never tried to use OVS with OpenVPN but since it exposes an Ethernet
device it should work.

There are several things you can check:
 * Look at the output of "ovs-dpctl show" to see if the device has been
added to the datapath.
 * Check ovs-vswitchd.log for errors.
 * Look at the traffic on the receiving device to see if anything is making
it through.
 * Look at the output of "ovs-dpctl dump-flows" to see if there are flows to
drop packets.
 * Etc.