[ovs-discuss] [ openvswitch-install ] Kernel module problem

Waqas Daar waqasdaar at gmail.com
Fri Jul 9 15:14:49 UTC 2010

Hi,

I tired to install the openvswitch with the kernel module. I am following
the INSTALL.Linux. When I tried to configure the openvswitch with the
following command. I got this error. Can you please tell me whats the
problem.

#./configure --with-l26=/lib/modules/`uname -r`/build

*configure: error: source dir /lib/modules/2.6.26-2-xen-686/build doesn't
exist*

When I checked the path the 'build' is not exist.

Can you please help. I am trying to install the openvswitch on a debain
virtual machine.

I am really thankful to you for your prompt response.

Thanks in Advanced.

Best Regards,

Waqas Daar