[ovs-discuss] unknown interface report by openflowd

Ben Pfaff blp at nicira.com
Thu Jul 15 16:54:51 UTC 2010

2010/7/15 Pásztor Lénárd Zoltán <lenard.pasztor at gmail.com>:
> Jul 15 16:45:43|00226|timeval|WARN|9 ms poll interval (0 ms user, 10 ms
> system) is over 12 times the weighted mean interval 1 ms (10769 samples)

This is really a debugging message.  It used to be very important to log these
while OVS still had a number of bugs related to latency, but we should
probably suppress them now, or at least make the criteria for logging them
more stringent.

In short, you can ignore it.

As for whether you should use NOX, I'd recommend it.  ovs-controller is
really just for experimentation.  If you can use ovs-controller, then you
might as well not configure a controller at all.