[ovs-discuss] fix ports in vSwitch

Justin Pettit jpettit at nicira.com
Fri Jul 16 22:59:23 UTC 2010

On Jul 15, 2010, at 3:55 PM, Jens Brunsen wrote:

> 	- you mentioned the VIF script to set up the flows. Can you point me to the script you are talking about?

This is part of the standard XenServer distribution and is called whenever VIFs are added or removed.  It's called "/etc/xensource/scripts/vif".

> 	- designing native support for port isolation: Will this be a feature of the openvswitch and is there a estimate when this could be available?

Yes, this will be part of Open vSwitch, but will require some coordination with a centralized controller to manage it all.  We're still in the design phase and not sure where it will fit into our implementation schedule yet.

--Justin