[ovs-discuss] Fail getting started with openvswitch

Jean Baptiste FAVRE openvswitch at jbfavre.org
Fri Jun 4 20:20:07 UTC 2010

Hello,
I'm trying to setup Open vSwitch on a Debian Xen dom0 but have some
issues with it.
For now, my server has 4 network cards with bonding:

bond0: slave eth0 eth2
bond1: slave eth1 eth3

Each bond interface is bridged in a separate bridge:

br-wan: bond0 + wan DomU interfaces
br-lan: bond0 + lan DomU interfaces

As far as I have understood Open vSwitch, my bridges (br-wan and br-lan)
will be replaced by another 2 bridges, created and managed by Open vSwitch.
But doing that, all I got are kernel panic :-(

Is there any basic howto and/or architecture document I could read to
get better understanding ?

Thanks,
JB