[ovs-discuss] Fail getting started with openvswitch

Jean Baptiste FAVRE openvswitch at jbfavre.org
Sat Jun 5 09:25:11 UTC 2010

Hello,
So, I can keep my current OS network configuration and just add
OpenvSwitch above it (ie, register my bridges into Open vsWitch) ?

Made some tries this morning, keeping my network configuration untouched.
First added my LAN bridge: that works.
Then I tried adding my WAN bridge, which did not work yesterday, and it
works (?!?).

But, I just figured I was trying to work with brcompat_mod, but without
brcompatd (saying that, it could be an idea to remove brcompat_mod if
you don't ship brcompatd in Debian).

So, now that my open vSwitch seems to works fine, I'll be able to
discover it.

Thanks,
JB