[ovs-discuss] Configure datapath_id

Arthur van Kleef arthur.vankleef at os3.nl
Wed Jun 16 20:15:50 UTC 2010

Op 16-6-2010 18:32, Ben Pfaff schreef:
> On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 01:32:47PM +0200, Arthur van Kleef wrote:
>> Is it possible to manually configure the datapath_id (that is also seen
>> by an OpenFlow controller such as NOX) of a bridge using the ovs-vsctl
>> utility?
>
> Yes:
>         ovs-vsctl set Bridge <bridgename> datapath_id=0123456789abcdef

I tried that one, but it seems to fail, output from console:

	# ./ovs-vsctl get Bridge br0 datapath_id
	"002320f00173"
	# ./ovs-vsctl set Bridge br0 datapath_id=0123456789abcdef
	# ./ovs-vsctl get Bridge br0 datapath_id
	"002320f00173"

I'm running Open vSwitch (v1.0.1) inside an User Mode Linux VM and also
on a normal host. I have attached the relevant sections of
ovs-vswitchd's logfiles (both from UML instance and on a normal Linux
host). What I see is that an update message is received, but immediatly
is reversed by another update message. Is this perhaps a bug?

Thanks,
Arthur