[ovs-discuss] can not create device problem

Yan yan.p.bjtu at gmail.com
Sun Jun 20 01:27:46 UTC 2010

Hi Jesse
Thank you for your reply and I'll take care to add cc. Sorry for last time.

I saw the information from the *Create a GRE interface* thread, so I did
like following:

ovs-vsctl create interface name=gre0 type=gre options:remote_ip=remote
machine's IP
99c94566-ea4f-41d9-9f40-d2e9c9a6d386
ovs-vsctl create port name=gre0
interfaces=[99c94566-ea4f-41d9-9f40-d2e9c9a6d386]
f75aa483-e0ea-42e8-bb96-93110d630838
ovs-vsctl add bridge dp0 ports f75aa483-e0ea-42e8-bb96-93110d630838

And I also did the same thing at another machine.I got no error message but
NOX didn't get a port event when I add gre into bridge(by ovs-vsctl add
bridge dp0 ports f75aa483-e0ea-42e8-bb96-93110d630838).
 I also tried ovs-vsctl add-port dp0 gre0 but it didn't inform nox either.
It seems OVS doesn't send a event to NOX.
In this case NOX will not tell the OVS to forward a flow via that tunnel
even if the tunnel is correct.

Would please offer some suggestions about how could this be solved?

Thank you.

--
Yan Pu
yan at nakao-lab.org
+81-80-4164-9937
NAKAO LAB
The university of Tokyo
Graduate School of Interdisciplinary Information Studies