[ovs-discuss] OVS and KVM: getting persistent UUID's or querying UUID values based on interface name

Justin Pettit jpettit at nicira.com
Fri Jun 25 00:28:18 UTC 2010

On Jun 24, 2010, at 1:27 PM, Sean Brady wrote:

> Excellent news, thanks all... ask and you shall receive :).  Is this updated version going to be in the GIT master, and if so, is it stable enough where I can pull it and test it out?  Are you thinking of including this commit in the next tagged release, or doing an immediate new tag commit?

Ben just pushed the change into our git master branch.  You can retrieve the UUID in the following way:

	ovs-vsctl get <table> <record> _uuid

It will be included in the next tagged release, but that's probably a few weeks out.  Our git branch should be stable enough for testing purposes, but I wouldn't use it for production.  If you want to use the existing release, you can use Ben's sed suggestion:

	ovs-vsctl list port eth0 | sed -n 's/^_uuid *: \(.*\)$/\1/p'