[ovs-discuss] Open vswitch in a driver domain with PCI Passthrough

Todd Deshane deshantm at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 00:10:44 UTC 2010

Hi,

Would it be possible to use open vswitch in a driver domain
(Xen or KVM PCI Passthrough) in order to do all the networking outside of dom0?

I couldn't think of a fundamentally limitation that would disallow it...

Also, similarly, is there, or could there be in the future, a way for
an open vswitch to
be used over the network? Meaning that a computer or VM connects over a special
channel to get its networking. Kind of link how an open flow
controller can be used
on the network; I wonder if it is, or ever would be, possible to use
an open vswitch
over the network?

Thanks,
Todd