[ovs-discuss] Fwd: OVS 0.90.7 build fails on kernel 2.6.31-14-generic

Prateek Jain prateek4tech at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 21:05:56 UTC 2010

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Prateek Jain <prateek4tech at gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 1:56 PM
Subject: Re: [ovs-discuss] OVS 0.90.7 build fails on kernel
2.6.31-14-generic
To: Jesse Gross <jesse at nicira.com>

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I tried downloading and building 0.99.2 in the mean
time.
I tried building for kernel modules, the build was successful, however the
of kernel module fails with the following error

insmod: error inserting './datapath/linux-2.6/openvswitch_mod.ko': -1
Invalid module format.

I ran 'configure' with the below options and the build succeeded

./configure --with-l26=/lib/modules/`uname -r`/build

What could be wrong ?

FYI: my linux host where i am trying to build and install openvswitch is
running on vmware.

Thanks,
Prateek