[ovs-discuss] OVS on VirtualBox?

Guilherme Fernandes stallone3 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 28 01:43:06 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I'm interested in creating a virtual dev environment with several pcs and a
manageable (virtual) switch with VLAN support. I already use VirtualBox for
some of the machines, so I would like to add OVS into the mix.

I've seen a few pages mentioning OVS supports open source VirtualBox, but I
can find no documentation at all about it. Is the mentioned support being
that it can be used as a drop-in for VirtualBox's vswitch? If so, is this
accomplished by just installing OVS on the Linux host where VirtualBox will
run? Can someone elaborate a little on how they integrate?

Thanks a lot in advance,
Guilherme