[ovs-discuss] OVS on VirtualBox?

Justin Pettit jpettit at nicira.com
Sun Mar 28 02:06:44 UTC 2010

Hi, Guilherme.  I have not personally run OVS with VirtualBox, but we've had reports that it works with Linux as the host.  Doing a quick pass through their documentation, it appears that you should be able to make it work simply by running OVS with bridge compatibility.  This is documented in INSTALL.bridge in the distribution.  You can also browse the documentation here:

	http://openvswitch.org/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=openvswitch;a=blob_plain;f=INSTALL.bridge

If you run into any problems, feel free to send questions to this list.  If you get it working, we'd love to hear about that, too!

--Justin