[ovs-discuss] OVS on VirtualBox?

Justin Pettit jpettit at nicira.com
Sun Mar 28 02:43:44 UTC 2010

Unfortunately, I haven't heard much details about how people were using it.  From a quick glance at the documentation, I didn't see exactly how Internal and Host Networking is done.  However, if these are simply additional bridges with special devices attached (or not in the case of Host Networking), then it should "just work" with bridge compatibility.  I'd give it a shot, and if it doesn't work, let us know.  I can't promise that we can devote many resources to fixing problems specific to VirtualBox, but at the very least we can do some basic troubleshooting.  And of course, we always take patches and better documentation!

As an aside, I tried to get VirtualBox running on my Mac a few months ago, but it seemed to dislike VMware fusion, and caused a kernel panic every time.  I should really get it running natively on a Linux box, but other hypervisors have been a higher priority lately.

--Justin